- Teams of financial advisors and eMoney product developers collaborated on product solutions, producing prototypes to test during Summit
- Attendees offered real-time feedback on prototypes for Client Engagement Tools, Client Site Planning, Decision Center Enhancements and Healthcare
Austin, Texas – Oct. 21, 2019 – eMoney Advisor (eMoney), a leading provider of technology solutions and services that help people talk about money, concluded the 2019 eMoney Summit, the industry’s premier event for planning-led financial advisory professionals, by showcasing product solution prototypes born out of the Summit’s Ideation Lab.
A twist on eMoney’s previous hackathons, where teams competed to solve a singular problem at Summit, the Ideation Lab was built to produce tangible prototypes. Dedicated members of the eMoney product, development and design teams worked with a group of advisors to capture insights directly related to priority products and features already on eMoney’s roadmap, eventually presenting prototype solutions to all attendees to collect even more feedback.
“Our summit attracts more than 1,000 of the industry’s best advisors, and the Ideation Lab was an excellent forum to kick start product solutions through rapid experimentation,” said Chad Porche, VP of UX Design at eMoney. “The power of prototyping allowed us to mock up ideas and crowdsource feedback before investing more resources into coding a product that doesn’t offer a good user experience.”
Throughout the three-day event, the four teams participating in the Ideation Lab independently tackled four separate product roadmap items:
- Client Engagement Tools: Tasked with helping advisors deepen client relationships with more personal, engaging, efficient interactions, the team explored new features like calendar integrations, automated data input, enhanced previewing functionality, case studies, and more.
- Client Site Planning: Based on a rising trend of advisors allowing clients more control of planning, the team tested a tool that equips clients to experiment with their own plan.
- Decision Center Enhancements: The team worked on a feature that offers advisors a way to compare any or all scenarios against each other, ultimately allowing clients to make more informed decisions about which scenario to pursue.
- Healthcare: As healthcare plans grow increasingly complex, the team focused on a tool to help clients accurately estimate healthcare and long-term care costs within eMoney’s platform. The goal is to help saving time researching costs in other systems and avoiding the need to refer clients to a specialist.
“Our product and design team love any chance to interact with advisors who use the eMoney platform, and the feedback we received through the Ideation Lab was incredibly valuable,” continued Porche. “Sometimes seeing something fail is more helpful than positive feedback. Additionally, by pulling back the curtain of our process, our clients now have a greater understanding of how the features they request get made.”
Following Summit, the eMoney team will leverage insights collected from advisors on-site to continue the product development and iteration process. The spirit of the Ideation Lab – rapid prototyping and real-time collaboration with users – is a process the team hopes to expand on as eMoney continues to improve its product offerings.
To learn more about product roadmap announcements unveiled during the event, please visit the eMoney Blog.
About eMoney Advisor, LLC
eMoney Advisor, LLC (“eMoney”) provides technology solutions and services that help people talk about money. Rooted in comprehensive financial planning, eMoney’s solutions strengthen client relationships, streamline business operations, enhance business development and drive overall growth. More than 60,000 financial professionals across firms of all sizes use the eMoney platform to serve more than 4 million households throughout the U.S. For more information, please visit: www.emoneyadvisor.com.
(610) 684-1100, x4214
5W Public Relations