Presentations are a great way to share and save your client’s financial plan. In eMoney, you can create a presentation that captures a summary of your client’s facts or shows how your recommendations impact their retirement.
But before creating a custom deliverable for your clients, you’ll need to learn the basics. Let’s look at how to get started.
Add a Presentation
On the client’s overview page, you’ll add a presentation under Reports > Presentations. Here, you’ll click on ‘New Presentation’ to add a blank presentation, an existing template, or a standard eMoney template. To open a presentation, click into the template name.
Title Your Presentation
While it sounds like a simple step, adding a title to your presentation is often missed. When you create a blank presentation and rename it on the presentation overview page, you’re naming the presentation template not the presentation title on the cover page.
To title your presentation:
- Click on Blank Presentation
- Click on Title next to the second green circle
- Fill in the Presentation Title field
- Click Save
Add Pages and Reports
Next, it’s time to add your presentation content. Go to the ‘Add New Page’ section to add blank pages, a single report, or a group of sub-reports.
- To add a blank page, you’ll click on ‘Introduction/Blank Page’. A blank page allows you to add your own text. For example, you can include an agenda or next steps.
- To add reports, you’ll click on the drop-down list under the blank page option. You’ll choose the report you’d like to add from the list and click ‘Add Page’. If you choose a report with sub-reports, a second drop down list will appear. You can select one sub-report or scroll to the end of the list to select ‘All pages in this list’ and click ‘Add Page’.
- Adding a new chapter adds multiple reports at once. For example, if you choose the Retirement chapter, seven of the retirements reports will be added to the presentation.
Now that you’ve added your reports, apply scenarios or what ifs to your report to demonstrate the impact of your recommendations.
Click on the report name within your presentation. You’ll use this detailed view to select the scenario you’d like to show or compare base facts to a scenario. You’ll also be able to apply what ifs. Once you’ve made your selection, click ‘Save’.
Create a Template
Once you’ve created a presentation that meets your needs, save time by utilizing presentation templates. For example, if you created a Mid Year Review, Retirement Planning, or Fact Summary presentation for one of your clients and you’d like to use it for all your clients, you can. Just save each presentation as a template under Actions.
- Save as a Template – the presentation will be available to use for all of your clients
- Save as an Office Template – the presentation will be available for other eMoney users in your office to use for their clients
Send to the Vault
Finally, after you’ve created your client’s presentation, it’s time to send to the Vault. Once in the Vault, the reports within the presentation will lock in values from the date in which you sent it. If you make changes to a presentation or you want to share updated values with your client, you’ll need to send an updated version into the Vault.
To send a presentation into the Reports folder of the Vault:
- Under Actions, select Request Printable Presentation
- In the pop-up window, complete the appropriate fields:
- Select if you want the presentation to send in a Word document or a PDF file
- Add a notification e-mail to alert you when the presentation has been successfully delivered to the vault
- Select Print to send to Vault
From the Vault, you can print out the document, save the file on your computer, or share directly to a client’s Vault. For more information, check out Sharing a Presentation to the Client Vault.
Now you’re ready to get started! To learn more, watch our webinar Create Powerful Custom Presentations.