Collaborating with clients is an important part of the planning process but with busy schedules, meeting face to face isn’t always easy. With eMoney’s interactive screen sharing capability you can connect with clients for their year-end review, a quick question, or from out of town.
Start a Client Meeting with Screen Share
You can share your screen with any clients who have access to the Client Portal. To start a screen share, go to a client’s Overview page and follow these simple steps:
- Click Share Screen on the bottom right of the screen.
- Share the Co-Browse session code with your client via phone, email, etc.
- The client joins by clicking on Join Screen Sharing Session from the footer link on their Client Portal.
- The client enters the session code and clicks Go.
- The session opens in a new tab on the client’s screen where they’ll see a replica of the advisor’s screen.
When starting any screen sharing session, the system automatically goes into Present Mode. Present Mode removes the top navigation bar and protects against accidental sharing of sensitive data or another client’s profile. If you leave Present Mode, the active session will end.
Pro tip: Meeting with more than one person in the same household? You can still use screen share. Any user with access to the same Client Portal, for example, client and spouse, can enter the session code and join the session.
Once in the session, you can navigate through a client’s profile and go back and forth from the Client Portal. You’ll also be able to:
- Confirm client’s data is accurate in Base Facts.
- Present using the interactive planning tools.
- Illustrate recommendations in Decision Center.
- Review Reports.
- View and troubleshoot the Client Portal.
It’s important to note, for security purposes, you and the client cannot connect accounts during a screen sharing session.
Questions? For step-by-step screenshots and more information, check out the Screen Sharing user guide.